Our government has just announced that our shelter in place order will be expanded through the entire month of April, leaving many wondering what they will be able to for the next month to keep themselves busy. Social distancing is extremely important at this time, because it helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep hospitals from becoming overcrowded and without supplies.
What exactly does social distancing mean? Social distancing and shelter in home orders require us to stay home as much as possible. We can go to the store or to work, but when doing so, avoid large crowds and keep at lest 6 feet between you and other people. This also means no gathering with friends or family who aren't living in your immediate household.
While you may feel that you are fine and aren't sick, many COVID-19 carriers aren't feeling symptoms, but can still spread the virus. This is why it is so important for everyone to follow CDC regulations regarding ways to protect yourself and others.
Even among COVID-19 shutdowns, Nerger's Auto Express remains open and ready to assist with your vehicle's needs. Auto repair is an essential industry and thus we are permitted to keep serving you while putting proper measures in place to do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you're stuck at home, now is a great time to get that vehicle service done that you've been putting off for months.
We are doing everything we can to make our shop a safe and healthy environment, and have implemented the following:
- If you want to drop your car off and do not want human contact you can drop your keys in our night key drop even if it’s during normal business hours. We can also make arrangements for you to pick up your car after hours. We can even accept payment over the phone.
- If you would like your vehicle serviced and need it picked up or delivered we are offering a pick up and drop off service to our customers, at NO ADDITIONAL COST to you!
- Our technicians wear rubber gloves when they work on each vehicle and change them frequently. We will also sterilize your key, steering wheel, center console and door panels before you get your vehicle back.
- Our employees will be staying home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, fever or cough. Employees will be symptom free before returning to work.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, tissues, soap and water are maintained in our workplace and are accessible to all employees and customers.
- Common areas and surfaces have always been kept clean and we wipe down countertops, chairs, doorhandles etc. throughout the day.
If you do want to get your vehicle's needs taken care of during this time, please give us a call and we can make the proper arrangements for you. We at Nerger's Auto Express appreciate your support during this difficult time and wish you and your family good health!